Cancellation of booking before payment
No cancellations costs will be charged. Please note your booking is not confirmed until we received the requested (deposit) payment for your booking.
Cancellation of booking within 24 hours after payment
Made a mistake in the booking? When you contact us within 24 hours after the payment was made we will refund the full payment. The payment can not be refunded for 100% in case your booking included fast boat tickets. When your booking for the fast boat tickets was already processed we will not be able to refund that part of your booking. Any other items (tours, car services, rentals) will still be refunded.
Cancellation of booking a minimum of 48 hours before start date
We will refund 60% of the total price. The other 40% will be kept to cover costs that were made and services that were booked. The payment can not be refunded for 60% in case your booking includes fast boat tickets. When your booking for the fast boat tickets was already processed we will not be able to refund you 60% of the booking when the costs for the fast boat exceeds 40% of your total booking costs. In this case we will refund 60% over other items (tours, car services, rentals) and keep 100% over the fast boat ticket booking value.
Cancellation of booking within 48 hours before start date
We will refund 40% of the total price. The other 60% will be kept to cover costs that were made and services that were booked. The payment can not be refunded for 40% in case your booking includes fast boat tickets. When your booking for the fast boat tickets was already processed we will not be able to refund you 40% of the booking when the costs for the fast boat exceeds 60% of your total booking costs. In this case we will refund 40% over other items (tours, car services, rentals) and keep 100% over the fast boat ticket booking value. In case your deposit payment is lower than 60% we will require an additional payment to cover the total 60% of the costs.
In some cases a refund will still be available with last minute cancellations:
- In case of weather conditions (boat does not depart to Karimunjawa). We will keep an amount of Rp. 45.000 per person. The rest of the payment will be refunded. The Rp. 45.000 is used to cover costs that were made for preparations of your booking.
When your booking includes boat tickets we will first try to find a suitable solution. Available solutions will depend on the weather conditions (does it look like the boat will be able to depart the next day?). We will contact you and discuss options case to case. When you decide to take the next available boat we will make the arrangements for you. In case you decide the boat solutions are not suitable for you we will refund your booking. We will refund the total payment except of an amount of USD 3,- per person. This amount is needed to cover the costs of delivered services.
When you not booked boat tickets with us
In case you booked only a tour, car services or rentals without boat tickets and you have to cancel these because you could not come to Karimunjawa we will check the boat cancellations. If this is indeed the case we will refund your payment. e will refund the total payment except of an amount of USD 3,- per person. This amount is needed to cover the costs of delivered services.
Yes, for most of our tours and services we offer a deposit payment option of 40%. After your booking we will confirm you by email about the required deposit amount.
Sometimes we require a higher deposit payment than 40% or we don’t accept bookings with deposit payment
Some of our products are not possible to book with deposit payment. For example when you only book transport / car services we not agree on deposit payment as we will not necessarily meet you at our office in Karimunjawa. It is also not possible to pay only a deposit if the booking includes fast boat tickets that cost more that 40% of the total booking price.
When we receive a booking we will contact you within 48 hours after the booking. From your booking we will take 40%. This 40% can be paid online via Transferwise or via bank transfer. It is possible to pay the deposit payment in EUR or in USD. We also have AUD account available. We will inform you about the deposit amount in EUR/USD/AUD. The amount we send to you will include a small exchange rate fee.
When you choose for payment via PayPal there will be an extra fee calculated for the PayPal payment costs and the currency exchange rate costs. Because our products are sharp priced we are not able to cover this fee within our product prices. We will inform you about the minimum deposit payment that is needed by email and the amounts in either EUR or USD that are needed to confirm the booking via PayPal.
We can imagine you not always have a printer available while you are travelling. It is not necessary to provide a printed copy. Please make sure you can inform us about your booking number and booking information matching your reservation.
You can wear whatever feels comfortable for you. We do ask you to keep in mind the culture and religion on Karimunjawa island. This means it is very much appreciated to cover your body before and after the tour while walking through the village. With this we don’t mean you have to wear long pants and shirts. We mean to not walk through the village in only swimwear (for example in a bikini). Swimwear like bikini or shorts are fine and suitable for during the tours (while swimming, snorkeling and deserted island visits).
The most convenient and most easy way how to get to Karimunjawa is to travel from Jepara. From Jepara boats departure almost daily (except from Thursdays and Sundays). There are two different boats that sail from Jepara. The fast boat called the Bahari Express and the slow boat called the Siginjai. The fast boat takes 2 hours from Jepara harbour to Karimunjawa. The slow boat has a journey of 5 hours.
Are there other ways how to get to Karimunjawa?
Yes there are other ways. Since the end of 2016 there is a fast boat from Kendal available. Kendal is at a closer distance to Semarang. At the moment the boat only departs 2 days a week from Kendal. Unfortunately we are not yet able to arrange tickets for this boat. If you wish to travel from Kendal tickets have to be bought in the harbour before departure of the boat.
Another option is to fly from Surabaya with Airfast. The plain has a capacity of 12 seats only. Tickets can be bought at the ticket counter of Airfast in Surabaya only. At the moment the Airfast plain from Semarang is no longer flying.
The Kura Kura Resort has a flight available from the beginning of May until the end of October. The flight departs on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday and goes from Semarang airport. Guest of the Kura Kura Resort have the first option for the seats. When there are still seats available ‘no guests’ of Kura Kura Resort are also allowed to book the flight. The rate of the flight is around USD 210,- per person for one way.
You can book fast boat tickets to Karimunjawa in combination with a day tour. We (Dunia Bintang Tour and Travel) don’t offer to book fast boat tickets without any tour. This is because we are a travel agency and not a ticket broker. We do however make it possible to book fast boat tickets to Karimunjawa without a complete holiday package. This means you can book an accommodation by yourself and meals (except for lunch during the day tours) are not included.
For example you can book fast boat tickets to Karimunjawa plus a full day Island Hopping and Snorkeling (private or joining with another group). Within this you have the choice to book a one way ticket or to book a round trip ticket. To book an one way fast boat ticket in combination with an island hopping and snorkeling tour joining click here.
In our tour options you find options for as well joining tours as private tours. The prices are depended on the tour type and your group size. Feel free to brows in our tour library to see which private tours we offer.
Reservations are recommended for guaranteed spots on all tours. It also helps us determine the number of guides that are needed and with reservations we can make sure the groups sizes remain manageable and enjoyable. In case of reservation you are also the first to know when there are any schedule changes due to weather or anything else that could disturb the tours.
When you are not yet ready to make a reservation or you would like to go on a tour on very short notice it is possible to show up at our office. We will see on the spot if we have place left for you.
You can contact us directly. We can see if we are able to organize something for you on your preferred booking date. In some cases we made periods not bookable because the prices are different. For example car transport during and after Idul Fitri has different prices. In case you still interested to book this service you can contact us directly. We will send you an offer according to your travel period.
Dunia Bintang Tour and Travel office is located in Karimunjawa. When you arrive at the ferry harbour you can take a walk over the main road to the town square. This means from the harbour you will turn to the left before the hill. This is already our road. We are located on the left side of this road just after the minimarket. It is before the first big cross, when you end up there you went too far. Click here to see the location of Dunia Bintang Tour and Travel on the map.
Dunia Bintang Tour and Travel Karimunjawa has a wooden office:
We do snorkel in the rain, wind and any other weather conditions that nature decides to throw at us. After all, we’re going on adventures! If the weather is unsafe for any reason, the trip will be changed or postponed. We will notice you as soon as possible when any trip changes are made due to unsafe weather conditions.